Terms and Conditions Governing Access to and Use of this Website
1. Parties and User Access
1. The parties to this agreement are you (“the user”) and the owners of this website being Stepmed (Pty) Ltd and its subsidiaries (“Stepmed”).
2. Your use of and access to this website will at all times be governed by the provisions of these terms and conditions and by using and/or accessing this website you accept fully all these terms and conditions and agree to bound by and comply fully therewith.
3. If you do not wish to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions in full, your access and use of this website must be terminated immediately.
2. Copyright and Trademarks
1. A user’s access to this website and the information contained on it, does not in any way convey or transfer any right in or to the intellectual property rights of Stepmed’s data or information displayed or accessible from the website or in any of the trademarks, copyright, designs, patents, domain names, know-how, confidential information, trade secrets or any other intellectual property rights which may vest in Stepmed or in the author, compiler, creator or licensor of such information.
2. All Stepmed’s trademarks, logos, brands, domain names and other marks and intellectual property relating to this website, or any information contained or accessible from this website shall remain the sole and exclusive property of Stepmed and the relevant authors or licensors and the user undertakes that it will not use, disseminate, or otherwise deal with such intellectual property without Stepmed, the relevant licensor or author’s prior written approval.
3. Copyright and all other intellectual property rights subsisting in any data base/s maintained by Stepmed and relating to this website is owned by Stepmed or the relevant provider or supplier thereof.
4. A user may only use information retrieved, viewed, downloaded or otherwise obtained by viewing this website, for its own personal and non-commercial use and such information and/or data may not be sold, resold, transmitted or otherwise made available or disseminated in any manner via any media to any third parties unless the prior written consent of Stepmed has been obtained.
5. The user undertakes not to change or delete any proprietary notices contained in any material, data or information downloaded or otherwise retrieved from the Stepmed website.
6. Under no circumstances may a user reverse, engineer, disassemble, decompile, reproduce, transcribe, store in a retrieval system, translate into any language or computer language, retransmit in any form or by any means, (electrical, mechanical, photo reproduction, recordation or otherwise) any of the material, information or content viewed, downloaded or otherwise retrieved from this website without the prior written consent of Stepmed.
3. Content on this Website
1. The content on this website is presented for information purposes only and nothing contained in this website is intended to be instructional for medical diagnosis or treatment. The information contained on this website is not intended to replace or substitute professional medical advice and is merely inserted for general informational and educational purposes. The information does not relate to any particular individual or individuals and under no circumstances should any user rely on the information for purposes of any treatment and/or medical advice.
2. Any person requiring any medical advice or treatment should consult their relevant medical practitioner or other qualified healthcare professional to suitably diagnose any ailments or diseases and prescribe the relevant treatment.
3. All information viewed or services used or accessed from this website are provided “as is” without any warranty, whether express or implied.
4. Stepmed does not warrant, hold out or represent that any services, benefits or facilities offered on this website to users or a class of users, such as online booking available to certain registered healthcare professionals will always be available, be accurate, reliable, or perform the functions it was intended to. Users are cautioned against relying on any service or facility provided on this website and should always independently verify any information or confirmation contained or generated form this website or any software associated therewith.
4. Hypertext Links and Advertising
1. Stepmed provides hypertext links to websites on the Internet which are operated by third parties. Users are encouraged to use discretion when searching or accessing such links.
2. Under no circumstances does Stepmed take responsibility for the content and/or services or products offered on third party websites which may be linked to this website and gives no warranty, guarantee and makes no representation in respect of such linked websites.
3. The provisions of these terms and conditions do not apply to such third party websites as these websites are not maintained and/or hosted by Stepmed or its service providers.
4. This website contains advertisements, comprising, inter alia, any illustrative and/or textual material, including banners, pop-up windows, buttons, intermercial, links and advertising sponsorships. Unless specifically otherwise indicated in writing, Stepmed does not endorse any product whose services are advertised or promoted by such advertisement nor does Stepmed make any representation or give any warranty in regard to the content, accuracy, suitability or fitness for purpose of any material, information or data contained in or linked to any advertisement on this website.